Don Bradman Cricket 17 is a newly launched PC Cricket game and the sequel of Don Bradman Cricket 14 developed by Big Ant Studios. This game has been released for PC, PlayStation and for XBOX users.
In case you don’t know, this game requires a gamepad in order for proper functioning. It’s not optimized or made for keyboard due to the complex controls of the game. But no worries, we’ve got the solution. You are here probably because you do not own a gamepad and want to enjoy the game with your keyboard itself!
Here’s our trick from which you can play Don Bradman Cricket 17 from keyboard:
- You will require X360CE and VJoy to map your keyboard to Don Bradman Cricket 17. You can download these from the following links: x360ce and VJoy.
- Extract and install the two software mentioned above.
- Copy all the files present in ‘x360ce_Don Bradman Cricket 14’ and paste in your game’s root folder or where you have installed your game.
- Now you should run VJoy & then you need to click on the “Open INI“ icon. Select or click on “cricket14.ini” from that VJoy folder where you have extracted VJoy. Now, you just need to click on “Enable“.
- Open your DBC17 Installation folder & select the “XinputTest.exe“. It must show the status it as Connected.
- After that minimize “XinputTest.exe“ app. Don’t close it because if you do that, then you’ll not be able to use this game with your keyboard.
- Open the “x360ce.exe” app from the folder and then minimize the window and then you can start playing your game.
Showing as “Not connected” in the XInput Test?
Do not worry, just go to your C:\Windows\System32\ folder & you need to copy “dinput8.dll” from that folder. After that paste it in your game’s root directory, where you’ve installed x360. Replace the file with the copied file from that Windows folder. This should fix the above problem.
I have tried it with keyboard and controller, and trust me, it’s very convenient to play the game with a controller.
Click here to browse the CHEAPEST gamepads on Amazon. (As low as Rs. 270.00). I personally use the Logitech F310 because it provides me three years warranty and I have been using it since two years without any issues!